Amazon Prime Video Debuts Teaser Trailer for Upcoming Amazon Original Series Maradona: Blessed Dream
The biopic series will follow the triumphs and challenges of the legendary soccer player, and will be available exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories
A series years in the making, the teaser trailer for the hotly-anticipated Amazon Original series, Maradona: Blessed Dream, was released this morning giving audiences around the world a look at what this compelling series has in store. Maradona: Blessed Dream will premiere later in 2021 exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
Produced by BTF Media, in coproduction with Dhana Media and Latin We, the biographical series was filmed on location in Argentina, Spain, Italy, Uruguay and Mexico and features 10 one-hour long episodes capturing key moments along the life and career of the legendary soccer star.
Maradona: Blessed Dream stars Nazareno Casero (Historia de un Clan), Juan Palomino (Magnifica 70) and Nicolas Goldschmidt (Supermax) portraying Diego Armando Maradona throughout his life and prolific career, from his humble beginnings in the town of Fiorito in his home country of Argentina, to his game changing career through Barcelona and Napoli, finally the series will portray his key role in taking his national team to win the World Cup in Mexico in ’86. Also prominently featured in the series are Julieta Cardinali (En Terapia, Valentin), Laura Esquivel (Patito Feo), Mercedes Morán (Diarios de Motocicleta), Pepe Monje (Amor en Custodia) and Peter Lanzani (El Clan).
The series is led by Alejandro Aimetta as showrunner and director of the episodes filmed in Argentina, Mexico and Uruguay, and is also one of the show’s writers alongside Guillermo Salmerón (El Marginal) and Silvina Olschansky (El Marginal). Roger Gual and Edoardo De Angelis directed episodes in Spain and Italy, respectively. The series executive production is under Francisco Cordero, Liliana Moyano, Mari Urdaneta, Ricardo Coeto and Luis Balaguer.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports— all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football, award-winning Amazon Originals, and other exclusives. Enjoy hits like Coming 2 America, The Boys, One Night in Miami…, Sound of Metal, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Sylvie’s Love, Upload, and My Spy, plus Emmy award-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Golden Globe award-winners Borat Subsequent MovieFilm and Small Axe. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like CBS All Access, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.