5 FUN WAYS TO SPEND MOTHER’S DAY
Unsure of how to spend Mother’s Day this year? Whether you’re treating your mom to a day out or spending it with the whole fam, we’ve got you covered – from the latest in entertainment to outdoor activities – below are 5 fun ways to spend Mother’s Day!
- Take your mom to see Universal Pictures’ new action thriller, BREAKING IN, starring Gabrielle Union. This Mother’s Day, Gabrielle Union stars as a woman who will do anything to rescue her children from a band of ruthless criminals who kidnap them before her very eyes. Union plays the ultimate kick-ass mom in this action-packed suspense thriller who will stop at nothing to get her children back and teach the criminals a lesson: no traps, doors or locks, and especially no man can match a mother with a mission to protect her family. The film opens just in time to celebrate the best moms out there, Friday, May 11.
- Inspired by Gabrielle’s bad ass moves & fit bod? Take your mom to a STRONG by Zumba class, a non-dance, high-intensity workout like no other boot camp you’ve ever tried before. The music led class is broken up into four quadrants that include squats, punches, kicks and planks to give you a full body workout that torches calories and body fat. After an hour, you’ll feel STRONGer, meaner, and ready to hit that bottomless brunch with your momma! Find a class near you at https://strong.zumba.com/en-US.
- Treat mom to a mani & pedi. An old-y but good-y; everybody loves a little pampering on Mother’s Day. Go big and get her a longer massage or luxe pedicure. After a long week of work, it’s nice to sit back, relax, and be beautified!
- Host a premiere party for the new season of Telemundo’s award-winning super-series EL SENOR DE LOS CIELOS. Get your popcorn and wine ready – this is going to be one wild season! Starring the handsome Rafael Amaya as Aurelio Casillas, the sixth season was shot in Mexico and Turkey, making it the biggest and baddest season yet. Although Aurelio Casillas has shown his extraordinary hunting conditions, in this new season he will have to become a fugitive and avoid becoming the prey of the fearsome Colombian capo “El Cabo” (Robinson Díaz), who comes to settle the debt of the death of his child, at whatever cost. El Señor de los Cielos premieres Tuesday, May 8 at 10/9C.
5. Enjoy an outdoor picnic. Spring has arrived, and temperatures are rising! Visit a local farmers market for fresh produce and bread in the morning, put together a home-made picnic lunch, and head to a local park or beach for an alfresco lunch. Maybe even rent bikes or walk there to get in some physical activity. If the whole family is joining, pack cards or board games to keep everyone entertained.