MEET THE FIRST CONTESTANTS JOINING THE WORLD PHENOMENON “EXATLON ESTADOS UNIDOS” PREMIERING JULY 16TH AT 7PM/6C ON TELEMUNDO
Meet The First CONTESTANTS Joining The World Phenomenon “Exatlon Estados Unidos” PREMIERING July 16th At 7PM/6C On Telemundo
MIAMI, FL – July 9th, 2018– Telemundo has announced the first group of participants joining Exatlon Estados Unidos, the upcoming sports-reality show that has been a success in Mexico as well as internationally, and will air in the United States for the first time on July 16 at 7pm/6c. Hosted by Venezuelan commentator Erasmo Provenza, the family-friendly competition will seek to find the athlete with the strongest physical and mental abilities through a series of obstacle races, extreme living conditions and instances of isolation from the outside world. The contest consists of two teams, each of which is composed of five men and five women. One team will be made up of well-known athletes and celebrities, while the other will include amateur athletes, however all twenty contestants will have to be strong enough to endure harsh conditions and work together to complete daunting challenges with a shot at a grand prize of $200,000.
MEET THE COMPETITORS
- Leo Manzano, 33-year-old track and field runner who participated in two Olympic games and took home a silver medal in London 2012
- Maricela Cantú, 27-year-old Mexican Olympic gymnast who sees Exatlon Estados Unidos as one of her biggest challenges, knowing it will be testing her physical and mental endurance like never before
- Janelly Farias, 28-year-old Mexican soccer player who was part of the Mexican national team during the Women’s World Cup in 2006
- Tommy Ramos, 32-year-old Puerto Rican Olympic gymnast who showed outstanding skills on the rings representing Puerto Rico in the 2012 Olympic games, and in the Central American and Caribbean games in 2010
- Jorge Masvidal, a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter born to a Cuban father and Peruvian mother, who always dreamt of becoming a boxer as a kid, but today he competes in the UFC’s welterweight division
- Brianda Carrasco, Miss Houston Latina 2017, who has dedicated her free time to help children with disabilities and hopes to one day start a non-profit organization, she believes that Exatlon Estados Unidos will give her the positive change she needs in her life
- Kenny Ochoa, 23-year-old Guatemalan, who serves in the United States military, recently won Soldier of the Year in 2017 and always pushes himself towards success in hope of avoiding a boring life. Ochoa believes that Exatlon Estados Unidos is a challenge he can win
- Lorena Abreu, 24-year-old Dominican who dedicates much of her life to acting but is also one of the fiercest competitors in parkour. Abreu has worked in grand productions and is willing to risk it all to be one of the finalists in this competition
- Yarishna Ayala, 27-year-old Puerto Rican dancer and bodybuilder, who is known for her active lifestyle and fitness tips on social media to her millions of followers
- Miguel Montaño, 26-year-old Mexican model from San Diego, California, who dedicates his time to fitness entertainment and sees Exatlon Estados Unidos as a test of his physical strength
Produced by Acunmedya and distributed by TV Azteca exclusively for Telemundo, Exatlon Estados Unidos will also have Colombian model, host and influencer Jessica Cediel as social media reporter, presenting highlights, updates, and exclusive content for followers of the fierce competition.
For more information and updates regarding Exatlon Estados Unidos, visit Facebook.com/ExatlónEstadosUnidos, Instagram @ExatlónEstadosUnidos and Twitter @ExatlónTVEEUU.